GAPSA is conducting elections for Executive Officers for the 2019 – 2020 academic year. The GAPSA Executive Committee is elected from the graduate and professional student population at George Mason University. If you are a graduate or professional student at George Mason University and would like to serve in GAPSA, we would love to hear from you.
GAPSA Executive Officer Elections Process for 2019 – 2020
Interested graduate and professional students should review the GAPSA Elections Packet in full, as well as the Graduate and Professional Student Association Constitution. In order to be considered, candidates must submit a Candidacy Application Form and Additional Required Application Materials (see Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet for details about both) by the deadline in order to be considered.
- Vice President of Fairfax Campus
- Vice President of Arlington Campus
- Vice President of Science & Technology Campus
- Director of Communications
Applications Available: March 15, 2019
Applications Due: April 5, 2019
Candidates Announced: April 11, 2019
Election Dates: April 22 – 25, 2019
Election Results Announced: April 29, 2019
To Become a Candidate for Executive Office:
- Read the Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet and the Graduate and Professional Student Association Constitution.
- Submit the completed Candidacy Application Form and Additional Required Application Materials (brief biography and candidate statement; description of ability to meet time commitments and expectations) by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM. Details about both items and submission instructions are included in the Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet.
To learn more about the Executive Officer positions and the elections process, see the Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet.
If you have any questions about GAPSA elections, please contact Austin A Deray at firstname.lastname@example.org, Graduate Professional Assistant for Graduate Student Life and Advisor to GAPSA.
Voting will be conducted online using the GetConnected website. More details will be provided here when the election begins.