GAPSA Executive Officers Elections 2023-2024 Results
Congratulations to the newly elected GAPSA Executive Officers for 2023-2024!
Executive Vice President:
Vice President of Fairfax:
Xiaorong (Sherry) Shan
Vice President of Arlington:
Vice President of Science and Technology:
Director of Communication
GAPSA Executive Officer Election Results (total number of voters: 273)
|Executive Vice President||Ashish Hingle||205||75.09%|
|Vice President of Fairfax||Bryce Dunn||80||29.3%|
|Xiaorong (Sherry) Shan||132||48.35%|
|Vice President of Arlington||Zachary Adams||188||68.86|
|Vice President of SciTech
|Director of Communication||Minh Tri Le||33||12.09%|
GAPSA Executive Officer Elections for 2023-2024
Currently enrolled degree-seeking graduate and professional students are eligible to vote in GAPSA Elections. Voting will be conducted online using Mason 360 beginning Tuesday, April 25, 2023, at 12:00 AM and ending Friday, April 28, 2022, at 11:55 PM. You will be prompted to log in with your Mason Net ID and password in order to access the ballot.
We will announce the election results on this page on Monday, May 1, 2023.
If you have any questions about GAPSA elections, please contact Dr. Julie Choe Kim, advisor to GAPSA.
Candidates for GAPSA Executive Office for 2023-2024
Please click on the candidate’s name for additional information, including their degree program, expected graduation date, full-time/part-time status, candidacy and biography statement, and availability description.
GAPSA Elections will be held on April 25-28, 2023. Voting will take place via Mason 360. More information to come.
For more information about the expectations and duties of the Executive Officer positions and the elections process, see the Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet and the GAPSA Constitution and Bylaws.
Executive Vice President
Vice President of Fairfax Campus
Xiaorong (Sherry) Shan
Vice President of Mason Square (Arlington Campus)
Vice President of Science and Technology Campus
Director of Communications
Minh Tri Le
Meet the Candidates Session
Friday, April 21, 2023 | 3 – 4 PM
Meet the candidates running for GAPSA Executive Office for the 2023-2024 academic year! During this virtual information session, you will have the opportunity to meet and hear from the candidates and ask questions about their candidacy and goals. If you plan to attend the session, please register here.
Individual Candidates Recordings:
Click on the name to view the candidate response.
Candidates Group Recording:
View the Zoom recording of the Meet the Candidates Session.
Order of speakers from the recording:
- Soojung Paek (Director of Communications candidate)
- Xiaorong (Sherry) Shan (VP of Fairfax candidate)
- Parth Dalal (VP of SciTech candidate)
- Vikas Velagapudi (President candidate)
- Jordan LaBord (VP of SciTech candidate)
- Ashish Hingle (Executive VP candidate)
- Kianna Barial-Tucker (President candidate)
- Zachary Adams (VP of Arlington/Mason Square candidate)
- Minh Tri Le (Director of Communications candidate)
GAPSA Executive Officer Elections Process for 2023 – 2024
GAPSA is pleased to announce the election process for 2023-2024 Executive Officer positions. All GAPSA officer positions are open for election, and they are as follows:
- Executive Vice President
- Vice Presidents of Regional Campuses
- Vice President of Arlington Campus
- Vice President of Fairfax
- Vice President of SciTech
- Director of Communications
Graduate and professional students interested in running for any of executive offices should review the Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet for important information about the positions, election process, election timeline, and how to apply. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the GAPSA Constitution and Bylaws.
To be considered for election for any of the Executive Officer positions, graduate and professional students must submit a complete GAPSA Executive Officer Candidacy Application online by Sunday, April 2, 2023, at 11:55 PM (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Thursday, March 23 at 11:55 PM.
Key Elections Information:
- GAPSA Executive Officer Candidacy Information Packet 2023-2024
- GAPSA Constitution
- GAPSA Bylaws
- GAPSA Executive Officer Candidacy Application (online form): Due Sunday, April 2 at 11:55 PM (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Thursday, March 23, 2023, 11:55 PM
- Applications Available: Monday, February 27, 2023
- Applications Due: Sunday, April 2, 11:55 PM (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Review of Applications and Qualifications: Monday, April 3 – Friday, April 7, 2023
Friday, March 24 – Friday, March 31, 2023
- Announcement of Candidates and General Campaigning: Saturday, April 8
Wednesday, April 5– Friday, April 28, 2023*
- Meet the Candidates: Friday, April 21, 2023, 3-4pm (register here)
- Election/Voting Opens: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 12:00 AM*
- Election/Voting Closes: Friday, April 28, 2023, 11:55 PM*
- Election Results Announced: Monday, May 1, 2023*
- Transition Meeting/Retreat: Friday, May 12, 2023 (tentative)
* Please note: Voting dates and results announcement date were adjusted from original timeline.
Why You Should Run for GAPSA Executive Office
Hear directly from current Executive Officers about why you should consider running for a GAPSA position and learn more about each role!
View GAPSA 2022-2023 Election Videos
If you have questions, please contact Bernard Atieme, Graduate Professional Assistant for Graduate Student Leadership and Advising and co-advisor to GAPSA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.